Hey guys, Librarian Husky here. I wanted to make a quick guide to talk about the Ginn-su Sword. It looks perfect as it sits on your back, and you can change its appearance with weapon illusions.
This sword has a tiny chance of dropping from the mobs inside the Uldaman dungeon. You can find the entrance in Badlands. For Horde players, you can use the portal to Twilight Highlands and fly there, and for Alliance, I think Stormwind is not that far. There are two entrances, though, and I usually prefer the bottom one because the entrance to the dungeon is just a few steps away into the cave, while the top one has an enormous cave, and it’s more chaotic. They lead you to the start of the dungeon, so choose whatever you prefer.
Now some say this sword drops only from specific mobs inside the dungeon, but going through most of the Wowhead comments, it seems to drop from almost all of the dungeon’s mobs, so I cleared the entire instance to be sure.
- If you want, you can skip the bosses as they only drop rubbish items, and it will only cost you time as you have to delete them every single time. In some runs, I killed them. In some, I did not depend on my available bag space.
- If you want, you can only kill the last boss and loot the ancient chest behind him, it contains a lot of patterns and green items, and you might even find a nice transmog there.
- Before you start, make sure to have empty slots in your bags, which will make your life much easier.
So what I did was I used my demon hunter, and I stacked a lot of mastery along with some speed gems and enchanted them to boost up my movement speed further. You can do the same with a druid, and it will be much faster, but I don’t know. I prefer doing it with my demon hunter for some reason. Also, have some bear tartare with you. Legion food gives you a slight boost when you kill a mob.
Route & Tips
With all of this in mind, the route I usually follow is this, I clear out all of the mobs, and when I’m done, I rush to the Obsidian Sentinel boss. There’s an exit door behind him, and I suggest using this back door instead of the main entrance because it’s closer and you don’t have to run to the start. Just head outside, mount up and quickly sell all of your junks to the mount vendor to make some space. Don’t forget to reset the instance before going in again. I used a macro script to reset it with a single button quickly.
- Each round took me around 8 minutes, and the more you farm this and familiarize yourself with the space, the easier it will become for you.
The classes that can use this sword are demon hunters, monks, and rogues; honestly, it looks good on all of them. I got this sword in around five runs, and I wasn’t expecting it to drop. I’m wondering if I should sell it or keep it.
- Currently, on my realm, it goes for 275k, and I’m on a high population European server… um, some dude here is selling it at 875k.
- To be honest, it’s expensive, and I don’t know if anyone would even consider buying it at this price. The region’s market value is 363k, which is much cheaper than Teemu.
That’s another beautiful sword, but it costs two times the price of the Chromatic Sword, so kind of in the middle. So you can farm it and sell it, or you can use it yourself, but anyway, until I figure out what I’m going to do with it, I jumped to PTR to show you the transmog.
So what I like about this sword is that you can change its color by using different weapon illusions, you can use the Breath of Yu’lon, and to learn this illusion, you can buy the Pandaria tome from the auction house or even craft it. So this is the most popular enchants, giving it a bit of a green glowing effect, and I especially like it with the blade dance ability on Demon Hunter.
It looks like you leave a trail of green residue behind you, so I don’t know if I like it. If you don’t, you can use different ones; for example, the Wild Soul will wrap it in a shadowy blue illusion. You can also make it look glowing red, yellow, or even black. I also like the elemental force, which has a red amber color in the base of the sword and blends into a more blue-purple-ish shade. And that’s it!
Thank you for checking my short but informative guide. Please don’t hesitate to visit our WoW Retail Guides page.
My name is Librarian Husky, cya on the next page.